Bettina Aykroyd’s Chinese Portrait
Bettina Aykroyd’s chinese Portrait ? You have landed onto this page… by pure curiosity. I understand you and I thank you for beeing there ! I felt like a dynamic, original and humourisitic biography. So, you will understand that although remaining professional, I do not consider myself seriouly.
Bettina Aykroyd’s chinese Portrait
Where does your family name come from ?
- Doesn’t it remind you of one of Agatha Christie’s novel ?
- I am fan of Roger Ackroyd’s murder
- Well yes, I have inherited it from an English father and a French mother
- I adore Yorkshire, but it is not surprising as I come from there
- I have red all the Brontë Sisters books and I devour the Yorkshire pudding with roastbeef and it’s mint sauce, on Sunday
- I love surfing between the two cultures !…
What are the main features of your personality ?
- I lay my nose everywhere !…
- I am curious of everything
- I love meeting and sharing with all types of passionate people
- I imagine my life in pink, orange and navy-blue
- I am persistent
- I do not let go any of my projects, even though I can leave them apart for a short instant, I always come back to them
What is your motto ?
- In veritate victoria, my English family’s motto
What are your favourite countries ?
- Great Britain
What is your Madelaine de Proust ?
- I happen to have two… a French and English one !
Name your favorite music
- I appreciate baroque music
- Conductors fascinate me, in particular William Christie
- Of course, I listen to Mozart and Bach
- I am connected regularly onto Radio Classique
- I run onto the Cheri.fm musical rythms.
What are your favorite boutiques ?
- With no doubts, the Parisian and Londonian bookshops that I visit most frequently…
- I a Bon Marché addict in Paris
- I go religiously to Fortnum&Mason in London
Have you received Awards ?
- Yes and I am very proud
- I am a member of the Brotherhood of the lavender
- A wonderfull memory in the Louis Peyron, Lucien Ferrero and Max Gavarny’s company, both perfumers
Bettina Aykroyd’s chinese portrait of perfume and flavors
What was your first perfume ?
- I was mad about Eau Folle from Guy Laroche
- Then I immersed myself into Eau de Roche from Rochas, today named Eau from Rochas
What are the fragrances that you cannot go without ?
- The tuberose from the first Chloé creation was marvellous, I miss it
- Vamp from Honoré des Prés, created by Olivia Giacobetti is favorite tuberose
- Never without Musc Ravageur by Maurice Roussel, from the Frederic Malle Editions
- My lucky charm Guiding Water from Guillaume Flavigny from The Harmonist
- My cuddly fragrance Magnetic Woods by Guillaume Flavigny from The Harmonist
Onto what odour do you lay your nose on ?
- Honeysuckle, roses, lilac, but also cut grass and the laurel from my grandmother’s garden
- Lemon, verbena are truly joyful nuggets
What is your English Madeleine de Proust ?
- I am mad about spring flowers such as the wild hyacinths, the lilac, the wisteria
- The smell of chimney fires, the odour of the wood rock me
What are the unavoidable flavors for you ?
- I never say no to chocolate and to a Chestnut and meringue Montblanc from Angelina , in Paris
- The mince pies, the Christmas pudding the After-Eights
- I have a gift for pastry
- I am captivated by the chemistry and the alchemy of pastries and creams